Planning your visit to Stoneywell
Stoneywell is located in Ulverscroft two miles away from the village of Markfield. We operate a pre-booking system for all visitors ensuring that you get the best out of your visit and to minimise the impact on our neighbours in the surrounding area. All visitors will be transported from the car park via our Stoneywell vehicle. For more information on how to get to Stoneywell please visit our Getting There page.
Important: All visitors whether arriving by car, walking or cycling must pre-book in advance in order to visit Stoneywell. Please read the following information before proceeding with your booking:
- To help us ensure you have an enjoyable visit, you cannot pre-book your visit on the current day. To check for availability on the day please call 01530 248048 between 10am-4pm on weekdays and 10am-1pm on weekends.
- As good neighbours to our local community in Ulverscroft, there is no parking allowed in the surrounding area other than in our designated car park. All visitors must be pre-booked in advance otherwise we will be unable to welcome you to Stoneywell.
- Don’t miss our Laundry Tearoom, which serves a range of light refreshments, including homemade cakes and scones. You can also pick up a unique souvenir or Arts and Crafts based gift while you’re here.
- Sadly, we are unable to accommodate large groups and therefore no vehicles longer than 5 metres - please see our Getting There page for travel alternatives
- As a Grade II* listed building with many steep slopes through the garden, there is unfortunately limited access to Stoneywell for wheelchairs. However, we do have a range of hands-on, multisensory information including a virtual tour. For more information please call the office to speak to a member of the team.
- You can only book for the days that Stoneywell is open.
- You will need to create a password when booking your parking space online to protect your booking. You can use this password to cancel or modify your online booking. Please note that the ‘sign in’ button is for returning users only – if this is your first booking, please complete the entire form before completing your booking.
- Please make a note of the reference number you receive when making a booking - this is your confirmation that the space has been successfully reserved. This will also be emailed to you if you enter an email address.
Telephone: 01530 248048
OS Grid Ref: SK497116